House Code of Conduct – Environment Free from Alcohol and Illicit Drugs
As you see from your journal entry, there are many aspects to consider in a house Code of Conduct that can ensure that the home maintains an environment that is free from alcohol and illicit drug use. At minimum, your house code of conduct should ask residents to agree not to use or possess alcohol or illicit drugs.
Other items to consider adding to your Code of Conduct include
- Agreement to uphold the home’s Medication Policy (see specific lesson on development of medication policies)
- Agreement to uphold Guest or Visitor policies and procedures (see specific lesson on development of guest and visitor policies)
- Agreement to follow drug screening policies and protocols (see specific lesson on development of particular screening protocols)
- Agreement to assist other residents in their recovery by bringing concerns about any possible possession or use of alcohol or illicit substances to the attention of an appropriate person in the house
- Agreement to actively participate in the home’s recovery planning activities and processes (see specific lesson on development of recovery planning)