Create a Chore Chart for General House Cleaning
Creating a chore chart for general house cleaning can help reduce the spread of disease. Allow residents to assign themselves chores to complete. These chores could include:
- Wiping down touch surfaces, such as counter tops, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, etc.
- Cleaning out the fridge and freezer and disposing of spoiled food items.
- Ensure dishes are cleaned promptly after use.
- Take out trash on a regular basis.
- Scrub bathroom surfaces, including sinks, toilets, showers, and tubs.
- Remind residents to wash bedding and towels on a regular basis.
- Sweep and mop floors routinely.
In addition to having a chore chart, ensure that there is a person who is responsible for checking that all chores are done to help you know that the chores are completed, and the environment is clean and well maintained.
(LEARN MORE about cleaning from the CDC (03:55) https://youtu.be/dIuRI9OpjnY?si=1EgFP793KjIZHO8E)