Recovery residences promote recovery, which is “a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and strive to reach their full potential (SAMHSA 2012). According to the NARR, recovery residences accomplish this:
- through social model recovery (SMR),
- by providing four supportive dimensions (SD),
- by upholding recovery principles (RP), and
- by increasing recovery capital (RC).
To learn more about each of these frameworks, complete the Recovery Literacy Course.
- NARR Compendium – NARR-Compendium-C-v6 (1)